Friday, September 2, 2011

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!!

Well since summer is (sadly) coming to a close that means fall is slowly descending upon us. Unless of course you live in Michiania (yup folks its a real place encompassing northwestern Indiana and south western Michigan) where we are in heat warning indexes and highest temp but that is neither here nor there.

The welcoming of fall means only 1 thing......SPARTAN FOOTBALL IS MAKING ITS RETURN!!!!!! And yes it all begins tonight with a 7:30pm kick off time at Spartan Stadium in East Lansing. Sadly even though John and I are season ticket holders we are not going to be attending this game but you'll be able to find us next Saturday with Strongbow's in our hands and green and white flowing through us.

In honor of the start of the season, below are some of my favorite tailgating pictures from the past few years. 

High School friends Cori, Heather, Aaron, myself and Amanda
Todd (John's college roommate) on the left, myself and John.
Beautiful Spartan Stadium


College rommie Natalie with cardboard Sparty!
Custom Cornhole boards, thanks Dad!

I can not wait until we are able to rejoin all of our friends in East Lansing at our infamous parking/tailgating spot right on campus about a 5-minute walk from the towering stadium. Where we can hear the band as they enter the through the tunnel and begin their pre-game show. We can hear and join in on the chants and chear's as the college students walk by on their way to the tennis court's for their own massive tailgate. I am getting goosebumps just thinking about all of this and the excitement and love I have in my heart for East Lansing and MSU (yes I understand that is somewhat cheesy but I do not care!). Next Saturday and the Florida Atlantic game can not come soon enough!

College football, specifically MSU football is what I love about fall. It takes me back to my days of college and makes me feel like I am part of something big and I love that feeling. So I leave you with this question:

What is it that you love about fall and why? 

No comments:

Post a Comment