Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Organic doesn't always = better

Well my friends the above is the truth! Let me tell you a story that beings with pure excitement and ends with shear devastation!

It all begins with my typical shopping trip to Target during lunch to pick up dinner for the night. While there I know I needed to grab a few odds and ends and while making my way to the freezer section to get the stuff I needed for my smoothies I saw Mac n' Cheese......mmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I had an immediate need to devour Mac n' Cheese for lunch. 

Now since I am on this journey I knew I couldn't do just the regular Mac n' Cheese so I ventrued over to the boxed dinner isle (dangerous for me!) and scoped out my options:
  1. Whole Grain 
  2. Veggie
  3. Shapes
  4. Spirals
  5. Regular
  6. Organic
I was immediatly able to cross of Shapes (John's fav), Spirals (my fav) and regular (a classic). Which left me with:
  1. Veggie
  2. Whole Grain
  3. Organic
You know try to stay healthy....ier......


I have had the Whole Grain before and found it rather enjoyable however something was drawing me to the Organic so it was what I landed on.


Fast-forward through the rest of the trip, taking the dog for a walk and the cooking of the noodles.........STOPPPPPP!!! Ookkkk now we are to the mixing of the additions. It is at this point in my lunch time creation that I realize the box 'flavor' is Cheddar and not Original - CRAP! I decided to give it good faith and forge on and that I did.


Let me tell you, my "forging" was R-O-U-G-H I felt as though I was swallowing tasteless noodles with some liquid in it - not appetizing! So needless to say I am very happy I only purchased one box and was able to toss the rest and enjoy a yummy chicken spinach salad for the rest of lunch. 


Moral of the story you may ask? Just because it's organic doesn't mean it's yummy!


What about you? Have you ever cooked/ate something you were excited for but it turned out to be a let down?

No comments:

Post a Comment